Some of the names have been changed to protect the privacy of the persons concerned.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Return to Libya...A Leap of Faith

Sunday, 29 July 2012

Six months after my return to Libya, I couldn't help but marvel at God's awesome goodness and generosity as I recall the events that led to my return to this country. I feel that not writing about it and sharing it to everyone would be a dishonor to God who should be credited for all the good things that have happened in my life.

The skylark's escape from Libya during the revolution had been faithfully recorded in my earlier blogs and readers found the journals enticing and spiritually uplifting. However, nothing can be compared to the spiritual 'high' I felt as I went through the events that enabled me to return to this country. Indeed, what happened in my life was a leap of faith!

During my 10-month hiatus in the Philippines, and as the events in Libya were being unfolded for  the whole world to see, my heart was anticipating my return to this North African nation. I didn't know how, but deep inside, I knew that I would come back to this country which I have learned to love. When the former regime fell and some OFWs were able to go back, I remember a Filipino priest  who jokingly posted in the Facebook: "Aydee, balik ka na sa Libya, $600 lang sa Immigration."(Aydee, you can now return to Libya, it's just $600 in the Philippine immigration as bribed money). I answered this with "I will not be a party to any corruption; if God wants me to return to Libya, He would pave the way." And in my heart, I said : "Oh God...please, please let it be!"....

In this period of waiting, I got close to two colleagues, Lovie and Remi, whom I would talk to or would send text messages almost daily. We tried to support each other morally and spiritually. Both of them wanted to go with me should I make the decision to come back to Libya. When an offer came to apply in Saudi Arabia, both of them applied and encouraged me to join them but I told them that I would not apply because I did not want my heart to be divided. I told them that if I would apply in Saudi, it was like telling God that I was not sure that He would make way for me to go back. It would seem that I was doubting Him, so I was determined not to apply.


December came. It's Christmas time....nothing. No feelers, no signs....nothing. Ahh, perhaps God is not going to give it as a Christmas gift. My birthday is in January...could it be His birthday present for me?....

No comments:

Post a Comment